Volumetric Meter Proving
Strata Controls has added a Volumetric Meter Prover to our fleet to better assist our customers with flow measurement calibration at all levels of the energy industry. We utilize this style of prover to assist with the upstream calibration requirements.
Applications include Test & Group meters at satellites, Oil batteries and gas plants. Types of meters; Positive displacement, turbine, and coriolis.
We understand the importance of accurate measurement and have developed a volumetric proving system that is designed to minimize uncertainties which will make a positive impact to your bottom line. We are not just testing/proving the meter, but the process.
Our prover is designed to meet low temperature and sour conditions with 600# ANSI pressure rating.
- Heated and insulated glycol jacket that surrounds the vessel which is essential in providing a faster and more complete degas in live oil proving.
- 1-1/2” high pressure inlet and discharge hoses prevent increased pressure drop across the meter which provides repeatable flow rates, crucial in obtaining an accurate prove.
- Three strategically positioned gauge cocks on our vessel to display an actual water/hydrocarbon interface, required to determine an accurate water cut.
- 100 liter vessel has a certified “bottom”, vital for correct volume calculations.
- Proving procedure is AER compliant, all of our calibrations are traceable.
- On-site meter maintenance and bench calibration of water meters.
- Strata leaves you with an easy to understand computer generated report containing all of the vital information you and your production accountants need.
- We offer industries most cost effective solution for a variety of proving situations.
- Our operators are qualified and experienced in process measurement.
Safety is always important when tapping into our customer’s process to perform a calibration. Strata has developed our safety manual specifically around meter proving and we are COR certified. We are fully compliant with ISN, Comply Works and PICS. These sites hold our safety information, insurance, WCB and other documents. We can provide this information to you on request.